Job Type: Full-time
Licence: Driver’s License
Uni-Select Inc. is Canada’s leader in the distribution of automotive parts, tools and equipment to the automotive aftermarket. We are currently in an exciting growth phase delivering strong financial results including operating over 60 corporate stores with the goal of continuing to increase that number through acquisitions.
Reporting to the Store Manager, the driver’s main function is to ensure reliable delivery and courteous service to customers while projecting a good corporate image on the road and with customers.
The candidate must, among others, the following functions:
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- From the shipping ticket, prepare orders to meet delivery deadlines;
- Load and unload the merchandise to be delivered to customers;
- Performs daily transport orders for the Company (“pick-up”);
- Get a signed proof of delivery of any goods shipped from a supplier;
- Manipulate, if necessary, hand truck or other equipment to load, unload, transport and store goods in warehouses.
- High School Diploma completed;
- 1-3 years’ experience in a similar role;
- Must be available to work flexible hours and/or on call as needed;
- Must have a driver’s license class 5, and a good driving record;
- Have basic computer skills;
- Experience in retail, wholesale distribution and the automotive industry is a definite asset.