Marketing Manager Canadian Propane Association is the national association for Canada’s propane industry, representing over 400 companies in every region of the country. Our mission is to promote a safe and thriving propane industry that plays a vital role in Canada’s energy sector. To achieve this, we champion propane and the propane industry in Canada and facilitate best practices, safety
Events and meetings are a key channel through which the CPA drives member engagement and connects members to each other so that they can meet, network, collaborate, receive industry updates, and do business with one another. The CPA hosts a biennial leadership summit as well as several regional seminars and meetings held annually across Canada.
The Events and Marketing Manager is an opportunity for you to work with an engaged membership in the dynamic propane industry. We are a small hands-on team, so we need someone who can both design a strategic plan for an event as well as deliver every part of it. We are looking for someone who can devise new and innovative ways to reach attendance and revenue targets, and to ensure that our event marketing resonates with our intended audience. The successful candidate will also be member-driven, with strong communications skills and creating solutions where members win.
• Develop thoughtful, researched marketing plans for assigned events that will deliver to meet attendee and revenue targets.
• Implement every part of your event plans, including:
• Overseeing site selections and negotiating contracts for small-to-large scale events, including third-party contractor services, such as AV, catering services, speaker bureaus, equipment and décor rental companies, etc.
• Overseeing budgets, drafting various revenue and registration reports, processing invoice payments, and producing post-event reports.
• Ensuring event budgets stay on track
• 3–5 years in event marketing, corporate hospitality, or event planning and management.
• Highly organized. You sweat the details and plan for contingencies. And, you are flexible, like thinking on your feet, and can adjust for the unexpected. With your excellent organizational skills, you are timely with communication and meet deadlines.
• Strong writer and effective communicator.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, polish, and professionalism.
• Incredibly high standards and impeccable taste with an eye for design.